Sunday, October 12, 2008

I know, I can't afford to stop for a moment


Just got back from another road trip. San Luis Obispo, Los Angeles, San Diego-- a Mid to South coast Californication filled with miles and miles of good-good people, boozing with good-good people, the resulting hangovers, inside jokes, the best smoked albacore taco in the world, the perfect slice of pizza, smiles, tears, delirious exhaustion, painful farewells, the bittersweetness of coming back to the comforts of home. It's done and over. I feel like I've finally kissed another amazing summer goodbye. It's actually getting colder now. After 100-degree dog day afternoons and nighttime slumbers with thin blankets, it's finally fall. I'm burrowed in comforters and sweaters and my toes are still cold and my skin ashy dry. I feel fleeted. 

Now What? has been my slogan of the season. Now I wait for the What may come. The only tangible things I can think of are returning DVDs, developing pictures, the Kings of Leon concert, cracking open Brave New World, and turning in my assignment on time. I'm too drained for anything else. For Now.  
    

No comments: