Thursday, October 23, 2008

as i'm talking my words slip to the floor


I teeter between oversleeping and...undersleeping? I can go to bed at 10 p.m. and wake up still tired at 11 a.m. Conversely, I can sleep at 6:30 a.m. and wake up 4 hours later completely refreshed. I am currently operating under the latter scenario. I'm am under the assumption my diurnal/nocturnal sleeping habits operate like a credit system. Anyway, this information is hardly amusing and only worth its mention for the also hardly amusing following bits of info:

1. I was up because I drank a medium sized cuppa coffee after 5 p.m. Those who know me might know that that shit affects me like a bunny dosed on crack laced with speed laced with adderall. 

2. I was up because I bought an iPod Touch yesterday and found myself completely obsessed with syncing every worthwhile picture and song onto (into?) it and scavenging for free applications until the wee-hours. I am such a tool.  

3. I was up because I got a Skype account! Whilst iTouched mineself, I got a call from Kevin at 4 a.m., or 6 p.m. Bangkok time! (By the way, Skype is far superior to any form of instant messenger. Add me if you have Skype: candyraine8)   

4. After hanging up, I continued to stay up trying to claim Kevin's frequent flyer miles through NWA. I failed miserably and lamented my failure in a long e-mail.

5. Facebook inevitably keeps me up no matter what time it is. 

6. Finally, I was up because Adrian texted me from Boston at 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, prompting a serious debate on whether I should be kind and text back but suffer from a staggered back and forth until text-convo ends, OR...leave the text unanswered, feign that I was too far unconsciously lost in a REM cycle to hear his text, and reply to him when, I guess, people normally wake up in Pacific Standard Time. I decided on the latter option when the sun started to rise and that I probably should get some sleep before the gardeners wake me up in two and a half hours. 

These things really do keep me up at night. 

No comments: